Bird-friendly design is increasingly discussed at federal, state and local levels. Links to ordinances mandating bird-friendly design or creating voluntary standards can be found below.
- San Francisco Standards for Bird-safe Buildings, adopted September, 2011
- Toronto Bird-friendly Development Guidelines, mandated January 1, 2010
- Minnesota Sustainable Building Guidelines, adopted 2010, covering Minnesota State bonded projects
- Federal Bird-safe Building Act
- New York State Bird-friendly Buildings Act (S04204/A6342-A) to require use of bird-friendly building materials and design features in buildings